Our Former Prosecutors
Are Ready To Fight For You.
New Jersey Drug Lawyers
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Our Work Has Been Featured In:
What our clients have to say
“John did an incredible job for me. Its not only his knowledge and skills that are so impressive but his ability to make you feel so comfortable. John is a regular person who you can talk to like any other person. It nice to have such a talented lawyer attorney working for you who you can feel so comfortable with. He is definitely special and you would be wise to hire him.”
“Mr. Marshall handled a cocaine charge for me. I got a lot of bad advice and was told to prepare for jail. This did not happen thanks to Mr. Marshall and his firm. I think he is a great lawyer.”
“Me and my family candidly had no experience with criminal lawyers. We were referred to three lawyers and picked John to defend my case. This is the best move we could have made as John got us a result that was outstanding. He also communicated with us in an understanding manner, put the time into the case and was also definitely skilled in his profession. Everyone seemed to know that he wasn’t the run of the mill guy when we walked into court, even the judge. The entire process was handled in a top shelf manner. John provided everything we needed in a rough time. I recommend him.”
“Cops can be very unfair so you better call John if you are on the short end of the stick. I hired him because I was stopped and arrested for a bogus reason and then issued 10 tickets and a criminal offense for possession of cds. The car never should have been stopped or ever searched. There was no valid basis but the police officer was just going to nail me no matter what. John made sure that I got a fair shake in court. He fought for me and did a great job. I still don’t have a record and kept my license. He is a great attorney for you to hire. I highly suggest that you give him a call.”
“My son was arrested on serious drug charges. I did my research and decided to retain Jon after much time and effort. As it turned out, I could not have made a sounder decision. His knowledge, effort and skill were as much as our family could have asked for. We are happy to say that our son has avoided jail and many of the severe penalties that seemed almost inevitable. I cannot thank Jon and his staff more. I would definitely recommend that you hire Jon if you have a serious criminal case.”
“For anyone who has fallen to heroin or other opiates, criminal charges can mount. This is what happened to me over the last three years. I hear so many horror stories about bad attorneys. John is not that and will work hard to get the best results for you. That is what he did for me on three separate heroin cases. I never went to jail or even lost my license. He is a magician and I would never turn to anyone else.”
Powerful Legal Team With A Proven Track Record Of Success
New Jersey Drug Crimes Defense Attorneys
One of the most common forms of criminal offense in New Jersey is drug crime. Charges involving possession, manufacturing, distribution and possession with intent to distribute cocaine, heroin, marijuana, prescription legend drugs or other controlled dangerous substance (“CDS”) are constantly being filed in the state. Irrespective of why you were arrested and charged, hiring an accomplished drug lawyer, one who have extensive experience defending CDS charges, is going to provide you with the best chance of escaping a conviction and penalties.
Drug cases tend to present complex issues involving the constitutionality of motor vehicle stops, search warrants or other questions that a skilled attorney is positioned to effectively challenge on your behalf. A lawyer who is highly knowledgeable in the defense of CDS charges will provide you with the opportunity you are looking for to avoid a criminal record and other consequences for possessing or distributing LSD, MDMA (e.g. Molly or Ecstasy), Xanax or another drug. Lawyers who are highly qualified in this area of law can provide you with the best opportunity to secure a downgrade or even obtain a dismissal of the case.
Highly Qualified CDS Defense Lawyers
Our firm, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, has extensive experience defending possession and distribution of drugs, including school zone and public park offenses. Our unique qualifications including:
- Over 100 Years Of Experience Defending Drug Charges Throughout New Jersey
- Former County Prosecutors & Public Defenders On Staff
- Former Gangs, Guns & Drugs Task Force Director
- Former Drug Court Supervisor
- One of the Largest Criminal Defense Teams in the State
- Countless Jury Trials Involving CDS Offenses
If you have been charged with a cocaine, LSD, heroin, marijuana, MDMA, prescription drug or other CDS offense anywhere in NJ, our attorneys have the tools you need to mount a thorough defense. A lawyer is available any time of day or night to answer your questions, assist you in defending a charge or to provide any other advice you need. The initial consultation is free. Call us at 877-450-8301 for immediate assistance.
Defending First Degree, Second Degree, Third Degree, Fourth Degree and Disorderly Persons Offenses Involving Possession With Intent To Distribute, Simple Possession & Distribution of Drugs
Skillful Defense To Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, MDMA, LSD, Prescription Medication & Other CDS Charges
A drug crime can come in many forms and levels of severity in New Jersey. This is commonly referred to as grading. The headings below outline each grade of drug/CDS charge contained in the Criminal Code.
- First Degree Crime. The most serious variety of CDS case comes in the form of a first degree crime. A charge of this nature can result from being the leader of a narcotics trafficking network (a.k.a. Kingpin), Maintaining a CDS Production Facility or distributing over 100 milligrams of LSD, twenty five pounds or more of marijuana or over five ounces of heroin, cocaine, MDMA, Ecstasy, Molly, methamphetamine or other Schedule I, II, III or IV CDS.
- Second Degree Crime. A second degree crime can be triggered in many ways. The largest number stem from selling or possession with intent to distribute at least one-half ounce but less than five ounces of a Schedule I-IV CDS, less than 100 milligrams of LSD or at least five pounds but less twenty five pounds of marijuana. A second degree crime also arise from distribution of one hundred dosage units or more of a prescription drug like Suboxone, Oxycodone, Valium, Percocet, Xanax, Hydrocodone or Vicodin. Distributing CDS controlled dangerous substance within 500 feet of a public housing facility, a public park, or a public building is another common second degree drug crime.
- Third Degree Crime. A drug offense is a third degree crime if it involves distribution of less than one-half ounce of marijuana, MDMA, methamphetamine, heroin or cocaine. Selling or possessing at least five but less than one hundred dosage units of a prescription legend drug is also a third degree crime, as is distribution of any CDS in a school zone (i.e. within 1,000 feet of school property). Distributing at least one ounce but less than five pounds of marijuana also results in a third degree crime.
- Fourth Degree Crime. It is a fourth degree crime to possess a Schedule V CDS, over 50 grams of marijuana or at least 5 dosage units of Suboxone, Adderall, Xanax or another prescription drug. Distribution of less than an ounce of marijuana or 4 or fewer dosage units of a prescription drug is also a fourth degree crime.
- Disorderly Persons Offense. Possession of 50 grams or less of marijuana is unquestionably the most common disorderly persons offense involving drugs or CDS. You can also face a municipal court charge of this nature if you possessed less than 5 dosage units of a prescription legend drug or 5 grams or less of hashish.
The lawyers at our firm have the qualifications to help you defend any grade of drug crime. Jason Seidman is a former director of the Gangs, Guns & Drugs Task Force, and Patrick Doherty, another lawyer at the firm, is a former Drug Court supervisor. The other members of our defense team also possess considerable experience defending drug cases and are ready to aggressively protect your interests.
|If you were charged with possession or, worse yet, distribution of CDS, it is in your best interests to contact a New Jersey drug crimes lawyer at our firm. We will provide you with a free consultation to discuss your options and to address all of your concerns. Call us toll-free at 877-450-8301.|
There are many potential defenses that a savvy attorney can pursue in your drug case. They can challenge:
- The evidence against you (e.g. defect in the laboratory report)
- The search and seizure that led to your arrest
- Possession of the drugs (e.g. actual or constructive possession is lacking)
- Allegations that you distributed CDS
- Statements from a confidential informant or other witness
We will exhaust these and any other applicable defenses so that you secure a dismissal or the minimum punishment possible.
A Powerful Legal Team With A Proven Track Record Of Success
When it comes to selecting a NJ Drug offense defense attorney, real life credentials are key. Look beyond the puffery on a webpage so that you know what you are really dealing with when you consider a lawyer. How long have they really been practicing law? Are they a criminal lawyer or a jack of all trades? Has the attorney ever actually completed a jury trial in indictable (e.g. first, second, third or fourth degree crime) possession or possession with intent to distribute case? All of these would seem like very basic questions but the truth is that too much of what you read is nothing more than rhetoric with little in the way of genuine experience to back it up.
The attorneys at the Marshall Firm are seasoned criminal defense lawyers that have tried many drug/CDS charges over their 100 plus years of combined experience. We have been working courthouses throughout New Jersey for decades and can help you defend any offense, including those involving:
|Distribution of CDS||Possession of Marijuana|
|Prescription Drug Possession||Ecstasy|
|Possession of Cocaine||Distribution in a School Zone|
|Distribution of Prescription Drugs||Leader of a Trafficking Network|
|Distribution in a Public Park Zone||Possession of Drugs|
Do not compromise when it comes to selecting a New Jersey drug lawyer. Your future demands that you have the benefit of the best attorney you can find. We believe the lawyers at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall represent a highly qualified candidate in this process. Call us at 877-450-8301 for assistance at a detention hearing, to discuss the details of your case or for any other reason. Attorneys are available 24/7 help you and initial consultations are always free.